Major Responsibilities of Ethiopian Civil Aviation Authority(ECAA):|
1. Regulatory Responsibilities:
- Regulatory Responsibilities
- Service Delivery Responsibilities
2. Service Delivery Responsibilities:
- Includes but limited to:
- Technical regulation
- To ensure the provision of highest degree of safety, secure and adequate air transport service to the public.
- To register all civil air craft’s and; issue registration marks; inspect and issue airworthiness certificates, specify the type of service for which air craft may be used; prescribe conditions and to the maintenance and repair of air craft.
- To audit, inspect, license, and regulate all aerodromes and air navigation facilities and services.
- Economic and Air Transport Regulation
- To promote and maintain an efficient air transport and general aviation in the country.
- To license and regulate air transport and general aviation services
- To determine conditions under which passengers, goods and mail maybe transported in air craft.
- Signing bilateral-air transport agreements in behalf of (representing) the Ethiopian government.
- To identify air routes to be used with in Ethiopia and prescribe the conditions of their use.
- To determine conditions for air navigation and admission to and departure from Ethiopian territory.
- To provide communications, navigation, surveillance and organized air traffic management.
- To provide flight information and refreshments service to the pilot
- Providing secured, efficient and economic air transport service to customers.