Security and Facilitation Directorate
- Organizing and coordinating the National Facilitation Program to ensure all the agencies concerned with the program are aware of their responsibilities, and they comply with the Standards and Recommended Practices in the Annex 9 to the Chicago Convention;
- Ensures the facilitation measures related to the movements of passengers, cargo, mails, and baggage are effectively implemented at international and domestic airports through inspection and audit and in addition, forwards recommendations to maximize facilitation at the airports;
- Initiate a broad national policy and regulations relating to Facilitation (annex 9) and monitor its implementation through quality control measures;
- Review and approval Airport Facilitation Program and ensure the implementation through Audit and Inspection;
- Issue Crew Member Certificate (CMC) to the appropriate airline operators registered in Ethiopia.