Communication Navigation and Surveillance Directorate
The function of the CNS Engineering Directorate is to ensure the reliability and availability of all CNS facilities at airports and in the Ethiopian air space.
- Prepare project profiles and technical specifications for all CNS required facilities and prepare Aviation System Upgrade Block (ASBU) as per ICAO requirement.
- Install, test and commission newly purchased CNS facilities.
- To study operational aspects of all CNS Equipment and determine the mean time between failures (MTBF) as well as mean time to repair (MTTR).
- Inspect, monitor and control the reliability and availability of CNS facilities.
- Ensuring availability of spare parts for all CNS equipment to improve availability and efficiency of CNS facilities.
- Provide technical trainings for CNS maintenance personnel on Communication and Navigation facilities.
- Conduct routine and preventive maintenance of all CNS Equipment.
- Maintenance of all ATS Communication, Navigation and surveillance Systems.
- Flight check and calibrate all NAV Aids, PAPI and Approach lights.
- Provide flight calibration service to Ethiopian airports enterprise and neighboring countries’ airports when requested.
- Ensures all the services for the compliance with the standards and recommended practices (SARPS) of ICAO annex. 10.